100 Nina Gardens NE Calgary, AB T2E 8L4
Columbus Place opened its doors on January 1st 2013. This new complex consists of 77 suites. 71 one bedroom suites of which 11 are barrier free and wheelchair accessible and 6 two-bedroom suites. Out of the 77 suites, 14 units are specifically reserved for those leaving homelessness. Each floor has a sun room, there is a computer area, exercise room, laundry and social lounge. Also located in the Bridgeland community and right next door to Columbus Manor, Columbus Place also has access to wonderful facilities and services.
At Columbus Place, amenities include:
- Lovely sitting areas on each floor with access to balcony
- Fireplace and TV in main floor lounge
- Some suites with patio gardens, some with Romeo and Juliet balconies
- Free wireless internet in lounges
The eligibility for Columbus Place is different to Bishop O'Byrne Housing Association's other buildings. Columbus Place may be suitable for those who:
- Have a maximum annual income of $46,000 for one bedroom and a maximum of $55,000 for two bedroom suites (as of 2016, this may change annually).
Columbus Place has a tenant resource person on staff to assist tenants in accessing community services.